Contact the MCC Police Department by calling 816.604.1200
For Non Emergencies call 816.604.1111
- Are MCC Officers real police?
Yes. We are fully certified, sworn law enforcement officers. All members of the department are professionally trained and state of Missouri (POST) certified, with the same authority as any police officer within the state of Missouri. By law, MCC police officers are commissioned law enforcement officers with the right to arrest, in accordance with the laws of the state, any person for violation of state law or applicable county or city ordinances when such violations occur on any MCC property.
- What is the jurisdiction of the campus police?
The jurisdiction of the MCC Police is primarily the campus and adjacent streets.
- Can a MCC officer write me a ticket or arrest me?
As state certified officers, we can write tickets and have the powers of arrest according to Missouri State Statutes.
- What number do you call if there is an emergency on campus?
Call 911 then 1200. You can reach the campus police department by dialing 604.1200. From a college phone, dial 1200.
- Will the emergency phones on campus direct dial to the MCC police?
Yes they will. Emergency (blue light) phones are located throughout the various campus parking lots and connect directly to the police control center.
- What services does the campus police department provide?
Services provided by the police department include, but are not limited to:
- Investigating and preventing crimes in its jurisdiction
- Providing crime prevention programs
- Enforcing traffic laws
- Providing escorts
- Jump starts
- Maintaining crowd control for campus events
- What is the number one crime on campus?
The most common crime that occurs on the five campuses is theft. You can avoid being a victim of this crime by not leaving valuables unattended at any time. Also, do not leave anything of value visible in your car and lock your office door/desk anytime you leave.