Metropolitan Community College Chancellor Search
Search Process and Timeline
January of 2017
- MCC Board of Trustees announces the formation of the chancellor advisory screening committee and the selection of the search firm.
- Board of Trustees and Spelman Johnson begin to organize the search process and develop a timeline.
February of 2017
- Spelman Johnson search consultants develop preliminary drafts of search documents for review by the Board of Trustees.
- Spelman Johnson search consultants Jim Norfleet and Ellen Heffernan meet with stakeholders and hold listening sessions with all five campuses as well as meet with the administrative team to gain input from campus constituencies.
- The chancellor advisory screening committee holds an initial meeting to prepare for the search.
- The Board of Trustees convenes the chancellor advisory transition committee which holds an initial meeting with Spelman Johnson.
March of 2017
- The MCC chancellor search is launched.
- The chancellor’s search page for the MCC website is launched.
- Spelman Johnson search consultants initiate active phase of sourcing and recruiting candidates (identifying, contacting, cultivating, and recruiting candidates) for the position.
- Spelman Johnson search consultants develop the position specification.
- Chancellor advisory screening committee and chancellor advisory transition committee continue to meet.
April of 2017
- Spelman Johnson continues direct outreach and cultivation of candidates through April 7, the application close date (first review date).
- Spelman Johnson search consultants review and vet all applications.
- The chancellor advisory screening committee reviews applications and initiates the process to select finalists to forward to the Board of Trustees for the Board’s further consideration.
May of 2017
- Finalists visit the Metropolitan Community College.
- Continued vetting of final candidates by Spelman Johnson.
- The Board of Trustees selects the new chancellor.
- The chancellor advisory transition committee coordinates a range of activities to support the effective transition and onboarding of the new chancellor.