I have completed an
online Non-Credit application
since February 1, 2010.
I have never completed an
online Non-Credit application.
For more information contact Continuing Professional Education,
There is a application fee of $75.00 but you don't have to apply
prior to taking courses and there is no time limit to complete the
programs, so get started today.
Advance your career in the safety, health, environmental or risk management profession
by earning a valuable credential. With an industry recognized certification, you can
be prepared for a promotion, earn more money in your career and show that you are
committed to your industry.
SSH: Specialist in Safety & Health
- This is a fundamental certificate program requiring just four (4) OSHA courses.
- You can choose from General Industry or Construction Industry Career Certification Tracks.
- Complete the OSHA 501 or 500 Trainer Course and choose three (3) other courses from
the list of available electives.
- Courses can be applied toward advanced level certifications (CSHO and SHEP).
CSHO: Certified Safety & Health Official
- Requires six core OSHA courses and two elective courses
- Nationally recognized professional safety and health certification.
- Transfer up to two required courses from any OSHA Training Institute Education Center.
- You can choose from General Industry or Construction Industry Career Certification
- Courses can be applied toward advanced level certifications (SHEP).
SHEP: Safety, Health & Environmental Professional
- Requires eight total courses including:
- 5 OSHA courses, 2 Environmental courses, and 1 Risk Management course
- Course credits from SSH and CSHO apply toward SHEP course credit.
- Transfer up to two (2) required courses from any OSHA Training Institute Education
- Prerequisite for Master Certification Levels.
- Concentrations available in Safety & Health, Environmental and Risk Management
- All three certification levels accept courses taken at other OSHA Training Institute
- Course completions earned at each level can be applied to more advanced level certificate
Who benefits from these certifications?
- Health, Safety, and Environmental Professionals
- Safety Coordinators
- HR Professionals
- Plant Managers, Supervisors, Crew Chiefs
- Construction Site Superintendents
- Safety and Health Training Facilitators
- Public Works Safety Professionals
- Risk Management and Risk Assessment Professionals
The OSHA Training Institute Education Center is part of MCC Institute for Workforce
Innovation, Kansas City’s source for customized training and consultative services.
For more information about I.W.I., visit mcckc.edu/iwi.