MCC welcomes many visiting students each year. Our low tuition rates and accessible
campus locations make it easy for students at other colleges to earn credit that can
be transferred to their home college. Before applying to MCC as a visiting student,
make sure you have read and understand these steps:
What is a visiting student?
You're a visiting student if both of these statements are true:
- You're enrolled at another college or institution as a degree-seeking student.
- You plan to take classes at MCC for one term and transfer the credit to your home
college or institution.
Access to financial aid services (including A+) is not available to visiting students.
As a visiting student, you're responsible to speak with your home institution about
how MCC credits will transfer back to that college.
Should you decide you'd like to pursue a degree from MCC, you will need to re-apply
for admission as a transfer student.
Steps to apply:
- Fill out an application for admission to MCC at mcckc.edu/apply.
After receiving the email verifying that your application has been processed, follow
instructions in the email to create a password and log into your myMCCKC student account.
Take steps to ensure that any class prerequisites have been met. The easiest way
to do this is to submit a transcript from your current college.
Follow steps 4 and 5 on the MCC Get Started page to enroll in classes, pay tuition, purchase books, and attend classes.
Upon completion of classes, log into your myMCCKC account and use the "official transcript"
option to transfer your MCC credits to your home college.
- When selecting your "admit type" choose option 4 - "visiting from another college
and will return".
- Under "What is your primary goal while at MCC?", select "Take classes and then transfer".
- Make sure to include a valid email address in the application so that you can be notified
when the application has been processed.