We encourage you to complete your Student Center “TO DO” list by the priority dates. This is when our financial aid offices' high volume period starts.
Complete the Federal application for student financial aid.
Login to myMCCKC to check your financial aid status.
Contact the Educational Opportunity Center for help with your application or financial aid process.
3100 Main Street, Suite 100
Kansas City, Missouri 64111
Phone - 816.604.4400
Fax - 816.759.4416
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
GENERAL Application Steps
To determine general eligibility for federal financial aid, you MUST complete these
steps for each year you want to receive funds.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA will require income information from the previous tax year and must be filed
when applying for federal aid (Pell Grant, SEOG, Stafford Loan, Work Study), need-based
state aid (Access Missouri), and some MCC foundation scholarships. Use the IRS data
retrieval tool (if it is an option with your circumstances) to automatically transfer
your 2012 tax information to your 2013-2014 FAFSA or your 2013 tax information to
your 2014-2015 FAFSA.
- MCC's School Code is 002484.
- Bring additional materials as necessary. Check your myMCCKC Student Email and Student
Center To Do List for notice of required materials. Your financial aid office will
guide you concerning:
- Federal student aid report
- Federal income tax return transcripts, tax worksheets and proof of income
- Copy of driver's license
- Eligible non-citizen proof
- Verification Worksheet:
- Fall 2013, Spring and Summer 2014
Please see your To Do List for the URL to download your 2013-2014 verification worksheet.
- Fall 2014, Spring and Summer 2015
Please see your To Do List for the URL to download your 2014-2015 verification worksheet.
- Request official transcripts be mailed to the student data center from all colleges
previously attended (including any college classes you took during high school). Faxed
transcripts are not official. If you are returning to MCC after attending another
college you must have new transcripts mailed to us.
MCC-Student Data Center
Kansas City, MO 64111
- If you haven't yet, visit a campus counseling/advising center to declare a program
- Most award amounts are based on your enrollment status. Awards will be calculated
AFTER you enroll in classes.
Note: Specific aid programs may have additional requirements in order to receive benefits.