Placement testing helps you know where to begin your college studies. Testing is required in English, reading and math for most student and must be completed prior to enrollment.
This test will assess your current skill level in reading, writing, and mathematics and will determine which courses in these areas you should start out in to help ensure student success.
You can refresh your skills and find sample questions by visiting the following websites:
Compass placement testing is available on a walk-in basis during regular test center office hours at all MCC Test Centers.
Fill out the online Testing Survey to find out if you need any kind of testing.
1. Apply for admission several days before testing to obtain a student ID.
2. If you have taken the ACT test, bring an official copy of your scores when you come to test or have scores sent to our Student Data Center:Metropolitan Community College Student Data Center 3200 Broadway Kansas City, Mo. 64111
3. If you have earned college credit, have your college transcript to the address above and take a copy to advising for review.
4. Know your student ID number and/or Social Security Number.
5. A valid government-issued photo ID is required for all testing .
6. Allow at least two hours to take the test.
7. Personal calculators are allowed. For a list of calculators that are not allowed and other details , please visit http://www.actstudent.org/faq/calculator.html
8. The first Compass test is free charge, even if done on different dates. The cost to retest for any one section or the full test package is $25. If Compass was taken through a high school, it may be taken one more time at no cost. ( See Compass Re-Test Policy for full details.)