Degree and certificate graduation requirements
To graduate, you must:
- Have transcripts of all prior college work on file in the admissions/records office.
- Achieve a minimum MCC 2.0 GPA.
- Meet one of the following requirements:
- Complete at least 15 credit hours at MCC and be enrolled during the academic year
you qualify for a degree,
- Complete a minimum of 56 credit hours at MCC if you are not enrolled during the academic year you qualify for a degree.
- Complete at least 15 credit hours at MCC and be enrolled during the academic year you qualify for a degree,
- Complete the credit hours required for your certificate or degree. Only courses numbered 100 or higher (or equivalent transfer courses) can be applied toward a degree or certificate.
- Complete a course covering federal and state constitutions as well as American history and government. (If you transfer from an out-of-state school, check with an advisor about this requirement.)
Academic Residency for Servicemembers
Metropolitan Community College limits residency requirements to no more than twenty-five percent of the degree requirements for all degrees for active-duty servicemembers. Academic residency can be completed at any time while active-duty servicemembers are enrolled. Reservists and National Guardsmen on active-duty are covered in the same manner.
You can participate in the MCC all-campus commencement if you have:
- Completed a degree/certificate in the fall semester of the previous year
- Applied for graduation and are on track to complete your required hours for a spring or summer degree/certificate
The Class of 2018 includes graduates from the fall of 2017 and candidates for spring and summer 2018 graduation.