Upcoming Job Fairs
2016 SPRING JOB FAIRMCC Longview and the Lee's Summit Chamber are hosting the 2016 Spring Job Fair.
Visit with top employers recruiting for full-time, part-time and internships in all areas. Open to students and the public.
Attending employers include:
Aramark Kauffmann Stadium
Cartwright International Van Lines
Children's Mercy Hospital
HCA Mid/American Division
John Know Village
Lee's Summit R-7 School District
Quik Trip Distribution
Plus many more to come
View the campus map
For more information call 816.604.2155.
To request employer registration, go to careercentral.mcckc.edu
|Start Time: |
|End Time: |
MCC-Longview Recreation Center Gym
Job Fair Tips
Please keep these issues in mind:
- Leave children at home
- Bring plenty of resumes
- Dress professionally
- If possible, learn the names of employers who will attend the job fair and do some internet research prior to the day. If the names of the employers are not available, walk around the job fair and note the organizations that interest you.
- When you have targeted the organizations you are interested in, stand off to the side and listen to the conversations from other applicants. Read over some of their literature quickly, then approach the recruiter armed with knowledge learned through conversations from other applicants and the organization's written literature.
- Be prepared to do your one minute infomercial.
- Introduce yourself.
- Express your knowledge of the organization.
- Relate your background and experience to the recruiter.
- Be enthusiastic about their product, service or company.
- Network with other attendees. Networking has been proven to be the number one job search strategy. Get to know at least two more individuals working toward the same job goal as you.
- Ask for a business card and ask if you may call them in regards to the status of the position.
- After you leave the job fair, follow up with a thank you either through an e-mail or regular mail to those organizations you might be interested in working for in the future.