MCC Campus(s): Blue River, Longview, Maple Woods, Penn Valley
BR - Deanna Skedel, 604.6664
LV - Diana Grahn, 604.2529
MW - Jennie Frederick, 604.3226
PV - Vickie Raine, 604.4273
Job Preparation:Student Employment Services;
Project Hire - job bank
Create original artwork using any of a wide variety of mediums and techniques, such as painting and sculpture.
Base salary and job outlook
- Median wages (2008): $20.51 hourly, $42,650 annual
- Employment (2006): 30,000 employees
- Projected growth (2008): Average (7% to 13%)
- Projected need (2006-2016): 10,000 additional employees
- Fine Artist
- Artist Blacksmith
- Portrait Artist
- Sacred Art Artist
- Stained Glass Artist
- Automotive Artist
- Thinking Creatively - Developing, designing, or creating new
applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing
information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve
- Handling and Moving Objects - Using hands and arms in
handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and
- Selling or Influencing Others - Convincing others to buy merchandise/goods or to otherwise change their minds or actions.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization -
Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the
organization to customers, the public, government, and other external
sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by
telephone or e-mail.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -
Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with
others, and maintaining them over time.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Developing
specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge - Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events - Identifying
information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or
similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.