MCC Campus(s): Blue River, Longview, Maple Woods, Penn Valley
BR-Todd Martin, 604.6430
LV-Elliott Schimmel, 604-2546
MW-William Young, 604-3332
PV-Karen Curls, 604-3332
Job Preparation:Student Employment Services;
Project Hire - job bank
Conduct research, prepare reports, or formulate plans to aid in solution of economic
problems arising from production and distribution of goods and services. May collect
and process economic and statistical data using econometric and sampling techniques.
Sample of reported job titles: Economist, Economic Analyst, Economic Consultant, Project Economist, Forensic Economist,
Health Researcher, Research Analyst, Economic Analysis Director, Economic Development
Specialist, Revenue Research Analyst. Most occupations in this area require a Bachelor's
degree or higher.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from
all relevant sources.
- Analyzing Data or Information - Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or
facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Interacting With Computers - Using computers and computer systems (including hardware
and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process
- Processing Information - Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating,
auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge - Keeping up-to-date technically and applying
new knowledge to your job.
- Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others - Translating or explaining what
information means and how it can be used.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization - Communicating with people outside
the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government,
and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing,
or by telephone or e-mail.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates - Providing information to
supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results
to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships - Developing constructive
and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.