MCC Campus(s): Blue River, Longview, Maple Woods, Penn Valley
Blue River - Jennifer Rogers, 604.6666
Longview - Jim Smith, 604.2263
Maple Woods - Cynthia Proctor, 604.3455
Penn Valley - Ruth Heath, 604.4371
Sample of reported job titles: Professor, Spanish Professor, French Professor, Spanish Instructor, English Professor,
German Professor, Modern Languages Professor, Instructor, Foreign Languages Professor,
Foreign Language Instructor. Most occupations in this area require a bachelor's degree
- Training and Teaching Others - Identifying the educational needs of others, developing
formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Thinking Creatively - Developing, designing or creating new applications, ideas, relationships,
systems or products, including artistic contributions.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving and otherwise obtaining information from
all relevant sources.
- Coaching and Developing Others- Identifying the developmental needs of others and
coaching, mentoring or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing Work - Developing specific goals and plans to
prioritize, organize and accomplish your work.
- Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others - Translating or explaining what
information means and how it can be used.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships - Developing constructive
and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers or Subordinates - Providing information to supervisors,
coworkers and subordinates by telephone, in written form, email or in person.
- Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People - Assessing the value, importance,
or quality of things or people.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge - Keeping up-to-date technically and applying
new knowledge to your job.