FAFSA: February 1
Fall: May 30
Spring: Nov 30
Summer: May 1
Scholarships: April 1
We encourage you to complete your Student Center “TO DO” list by the priority dates. This is when our financial aid offices' high volume period starts.
For assistance with the application process, please call the MCC Information Center at 816.604.1000.
Start the Admission Process
Although you can apply for financial aid before you are admitted to the college, it is best to start the MCC admission process first.
- Complete and submit the MCC application for admission. Be sure to include an email address so we can notify you quickly when your application has been processed.
- After receiving the email verifying that your application has been processed, follow instructions in the email to create a password and login to your myMCCKC student account.
- Access your myMCCKC Student Email account that has been created for you as it will be used by the financial aid office to communicate with you. You may find it useful to forward mail from this account to a personal email account you have; instructions for how to forward your student email can be found on our Student Technical Support page.
- Request that official transcripts from all colleges previously attended (including any college classes you took during high school) be mailed to our student data center. Faxed transcripts are not official. If you are returning to MCC after attending another college you must have new transcripts mailed to us.
MCC-Student Data Center
Kansas City, MO 64111
- Visit a campus advising/counseling center to ensure you have declared the correct program of study for your goals.
Apply for Financial Aid
To determine general eligibility for financial aid, you must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for each year you want to receive funds. Specific aid programs may have additional requirements in order to receive benefits. MCC's School Code is 002484.
The FAFSA for the upcoming aid year becomes available in October and it is best to get it submitted early (by February 1) to ensure you meet priority dates and can get the best financial aid package possible. MCC's School Code is 002484.
- Submit the FAFSA. It will help to have the following information/items:
- An FSA ID (user ID and password). You can apply for or request your FSA ID on the FAFSA website.
- Your driver's license number (if you have one)
- Your social security number (or permanent residence card if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Current bank statements if you have checking or savings accounts
- MCC's School Code is 002484.
- Income information from the previous tax year (estimated income can be used if taxes have not been filed yet).
- 2020 tax information for your 2022-2023 FAFSA
(fall 2021, spring 2022, and summer 2022)
- Use the IRS data retrieval tool (if it is an option with your circumstances) to automatically transfer your tax information.
- If you have a job but did not file taxes, your W-2 forms (these are mailed by your employer by January 31 each year)
- If you are 23 years old or younger you will likely be considered dependent (the application will guide you based on how you answer the questions) and will need your parents' income information. If your parent receives any child support payments for you, owns any businesses, or has stocks or bonds, a record of those items will be needed also.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for any additional steps you must take such as completing verification.
- Bring additional materials as necessary. Check your myMCCKC Student Email and Student Center To Do List for notice of required materials. Your financial aid office will guide you concerning:
- Federal student aid report
- Federal income tax return transcripts, tax worksheets and proof of income
- Copy of driver's license
- Eligible non-citizen proof
- Verification worksheet
After applying you need to enroll in classes so we can calculate the amount of aid you may receive.