She Is: A Woman in Action Virtual Conference
March 10, 2021 - 12 P.M. to 5 P.M.
In honor of Women’s History Month, please join Metropolitan Community College Foundation and the Office of Equity & Inclusion this spring for our inaugural women’s conference.
Attendees will hear from a distinguished panel of women who are passionate about supporting and empowering femme lives through diversity, equity and inclusion. Breakout sessions offered in a wide variety of topics will provide opportunities for conference participants to focus on their unique wellness, personal or professional goals or other areas of interest.
Everyone is welcome to attend this phenomenal event – regardless of gender identity or background. Participants should expect to leave feeling emboldened and supported after a day of basking in what it means to be one’s best self.
Sponsorship proceeds will support scholarships for women who enter male-dominated fields or professions.
Click on sponsor level name to donate
5-minute recorded presentation during program.
Brand presence on mcckc.edu/sheis, MCC-KC social media, slide show and full-page program ad
Brand presence on mcckc.edu/sheis, MCC-KC social media and slide show; and half-page program ad
Brand presence on mcckc.edu/sheis, MCC-KC social media and slide show; and quarter-page program ad.
Brand presence on mcckc.edu/sheis, MCC-KC social media and slide show.
Brand presence on mcckc.edu/sheis
|One ticket to conference.|
|One ticket, $25.
Five dollars will go to support She Is Scholarship Fund for MCC students.
- Opening: Host and MCC Criminal Justice Faculty Member Dr. Karen Curls
- Welcome: MCC Chancellor Dr. Kimberly Beatty
- Motivational Speaker – Bridgette Williams
1:45-2:45 P.M. - Sessions
- Women and Finances - Facilitator: Marquita Miller-Joshua
- Social Justice - Panelists: Cynthia Heddlesten, Courtney Yount McGinnis, Jennifer Merrigan, Moderator: Rep. Ashley Bland Manlove
- Cultivating Feminine Power - Facilitator: Diane Breneman
- FearLess Negotiators Ask For It! - Facilitator: Mary Redmond
- Women in the Arts - Panelists: Amy Kligman, Deanna Munoz, Moderator: Sonnie Joi Thompson-Ruffin
- Women in Male-Dominated Fields - Panelists: Judge Lisa Hardwick, Susan Blaser, Je-anné Rueckert, Moderator: Carolyn Watley
- Passing the Torch: Activist Voices for the Next Generation - Panelists: Gwen Grant and Nia Richardson, Moderator: Dachia Busch
- Building Rhythm and Resilience - Facilitator: Dr. Michelle Robin
3-4 P.M. - Sessions
- Power of the Purse - Facilitator: Ethel Davis
- Millennial Conversations - Panelists: Jasmine Diane and Aja James, Moderator: Ghadeer Garcia
- Owning Your Career Path and Preparing for the Boardroom/Allyship - Facilitators: Denise Mills and Robin Sterneck
- Women in Sports - Panelists: Nikki Romolo, Jessica Blubaugh and Thalia Cherry, Moderator: Patti Phillips
- Five Tips for Networking Success: The Coffee Lunch Coffee Approach - Facilitator: Alana Muller
- Post Election Unity Amongst Women - Facilitator: Nicole Jacobs Silvey
- Closing and Motivational Boost - Speaker Joni Wickham