Skip to main content MCC Crescent Shape Search RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram chevron pointing down

Degree and certificate graduation requirements

To graduate, students must complete the requirements with a 2.0 minimum MCC grade point average on a four-point grade scale to be eligible for award of a degree or certificate.  Some degrees may require a higher grade point average.

Students must meet one or more of the following requirements:

  1. Complete 25% or more of the required credits at MCC and be enrolled anytime during the academic year of qualification for graduation. 
  2. Complete 56 or more credits at MCC. 
  3. Students pursuing occupational degree or certificate programs must complete a minimum of 25% of the required occupational credits at MCC. 


Students participating in reverse transfer agreements, Active-duty military, their dependents, and Reservists and National Guard on active-duty are not required to be enrolled in the year of qualification for graduation.

Commencement requirements

You can participate in the MCC all-campus commencement if you have:

  • Completed a degree/certificate in the fall semester of the previous year OR
  • Applied for graduation and are on track to complete your required hours for a spring or summer degree/certificate

Graduation FAQs

Do I have to pay a graduation fee?

No. There is no fee for adding your degree to your permanent record (transcript); receiving a diploma, cap and gown; and participating in commencement. The diploma will be mailed to you.

When will I get my diploma?

Your diploma will be mailed to you approximately 6-8 weeks after you graduate.  Please be sure the address information in your student record is correct by visiting your myMCCKC Student Center.

Can I order a replacement diploma?

Yes. Replacement diplomas can be ordered by submitting a Duplicate Diploma Request Form.  Instructions for submission are on the form.  Duplicate diplomas can take up to 8 weeks to be processed and mailed.

For information about graduation requirements or commencement, contact your campus academic advisor or call 816.604.1000 .