MCC Campus(es) and Contacts:
MCC-Blue River: DeAnna Skedel, 816.604.6664
MCC-Longview: Daniel Reneau, 816.604.2238
MCC-Maple Woods: Carlos Bass, 816.604.3226
MCC-Penn Valley: Vickie Raine, 816.604.4273
Create original artwork using any of a wide variety of mediums and techniques, such as painting and sculpture.
Base salary and job outlook
- Median wages (2008): $20.51 hourly, $42,650 annual
- Employment (2006): 30,000 employees
- Projected growth (2008): Average (7% to 13%)
- Projected need (2006-2016): 10,000 additional employees
- Fine Artist
- Artist Blacksmith
- Portrait Artist
- Sacred Art Artist
- Stained Glass Artist
- Automotive Artist
- Thinking Creatively - Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Handling and Moving Objects - Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Selling or Influencing Others - Convincing others to buy merchandise/goods or to otherwise change their minds or actions.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization - Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships - Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge - Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events - Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.