Congratulations, class of 2020!
Metropolitan Community College's Virtual Commencement was held on June 5, 2020. We have an impressive lineup of speakers who are planning to share heartfelt and inspiring messages, and we hope you and your loved ones will take time to have socially-distant or Zoom watch parties to mark this happy occasion along with the MCC community.
Are tickets required for the ceremony?
Tickets are not required for graduates, their family or friends.
Is there only one commencement ceremony for all MCC campuses?
Yes. There is just one ceremony each year for all campuses.
How long is the commencement ceremony?
The ceremony lasts approximately two hours, so please have all needs taken care of before the ceremony. Plan to attend the entire time, as your degree will not be conferred until the end.
May guests take photographs?
Yes. Guests are welcome to take photographs or video during the ceremony.
Will I be photographed?
Professional photographers will take photos that can be purchased online later. If you would like to pre-register at the Grad Images site and receive a coupon for 20 percent off, visit: www.gradimages.com/Preregistration.
What if I or my guests need special assistance?
For special accommodations for a participant or a guest, contact Ashley Fagan 816.604.1426.
Where is parking available for the event?
- Municipal Auditorium occupies the block bounded by 13th, 14th, Wyandotte and Central streets. It is adjacent to Bartle Hall.
- The main underground parking lot across the street from Municipal Auditorium has space for 1,000 vehicles . There are 10 other public or private parking lots in the area, with varying occupancy and pricing.
- ADA accessible parking is available in Barney Allis Plaza garage on level 2 at the south end. These parking spaces are near the tunnel that leads to Municipal Auditorium and the Convention Center.
- There will likely be other commencements occurring at or around the same time as yours, so let your guests know they should plan to arrive early.
- Downtown Parking Information
For information about graduation requirements or commencement, contact your campus academic advisor or call 816.604.1000 .