Program Coordinator: Jennifer Copeland, 816.604.4208, ST 310A
Degree and Certificates Awarded
- Associate in Applied Science: Early Childhood Education and Development
- Certificate: Early Childhood Education and Development
The Early Childhood Education and Development Department (ECED) at MCC-Penn Valley is recognized as a leader in providing comprehensive education for aspiring early childhood and youth professionals. ECED offers college credit courses at the Penn Valley campus delivered in flexible ways to accommodate professionals entering or already working in the field. Courses are offered in 8, 12 and 16 sessions, on ground, hybrid and online.
Students must complete the following process:
1. Complete the MCC-Penn Valley admissions process.
2. Complete a background check by going to: http://www.health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr
3. Attend the New Student Orientation.
Every student in the ECED program should be aware that the Missouri State Board of Education may refuse to issue or renew, or may suspend or revoke a certificate of license to teach if an individual has pleaded or been found guilty of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude whether or not sentence is imposed; upon evidence that the certificate was obtained by fraud, deception, misrepresentation or bribery; upon evidence of incompetence, immorality or neglect of duty; or if the certificate holder is subject to discipline in another state.