MCC Campus(es): MCC-Penn Valley, Health Science Institute
Director of Professional Nursing: Evelyn Claiborne
Program Coordinator: Gina Taylor
For program information please call 816.604.4175
Office hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The link to the application for the Professional Nursing Program is now closed.
If you experience any difficulties with your application, please contact Student Support Services at 816-604-1000.
The next application period will be from August 14, 2018 to September 5, 2018. Applicants may apply online during this time only.
*NOTE: Applications are only available during open application periods.
- Associate in Applied Science, Nursing (73-77 credit hours)
Related Degree Programs:
- Associate in Applied Science: LPN to ADN Bridge
- Certificate: Practical Nursing
America needs Registered Nurses. It is one of the top 10 professions in the country. RNs have a wide range of duties:
- Record patient medical histories and symptoms
- Help perform diagnostic tests and analyze results
- Consult with physicians
- Start IV lines
- Operate medical equipment
- Administer treatments and medications
- Help with patient follow-up and rehabilitation
- Teach patients and their families how to manage illness or injury
- Explain post-treatment home care needs
- Recommend diet, nutrition and exercise programs
- Show how to self-administer medication and physical therapy
- Educate the public on warning signs and symptoms of disease
- Provide general health screening or immunization clinics, blood drives and public seminars
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and family members
RNs provide direction to licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and nursing aids.
Our two-year program gives you hands-on experience and excellent instruction in our state-of-the-art Health Science Institute. Our program gives you an associate's degree and prepares you to apply for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses.