Instrumentation technicians are critical to industry operations.
Their tasks include:
- Order instruments that measure a wide variety of processes and verify they meet specifications.
- Install or oversee installation of instruments.
- Test, log, catalog, and calibrate instruments when installed and periodically during
- Program and troubleshoot PLC (programmable logic controllers) and DCS (distributed
control systems) instruments.
- You'll learn in our state-of-the-art labs. You'll learn on electric and pneumatic
instrumentation. Knowledge of mechanics, physics, electronics and strong computer
skills are required.
- MCC delivers the most cost-effective technical career preparation in Kansas City,
- Experienced instructors
- Our classes combine instructor-led and online learning with hands-on lab work.
- Convenient evening classes
Graduates can work as a welder, fabricator, maintenance welder, MIG/TIG welder, inspector,
manager, salesperson, engineer, pipefitter and more. Our alumni work at construction
companies, manufacturing companies, small businesses and maintenance companies.
Transfer made simple
Whatever your transfer destination, we'll work to make sure your credits move easily.
That's why we're experts at it. We've worked out specific transfer agreements with many four-year colleges and universities.
Please check with an advisor for transfer information.