Sample of reported job titles: Professor, Philosophy Professor, Religion Professor, Religious Studies Professor, Instructor, Philosophy Instructor
Base salary and job outlook
- Median wages (2008): $59,540 annual
- Employment (2006): 1,672,000 employees
- Projected growth (2008): Much faster than average (21% or higher)
- Projected need (2006-2016): 662,000 additional employees
- Philosophy and Theology: Knowledge of different philosophical systems and religions. This includes their basic principles, values, ethics, ways of thinking, customs, practices, and their impact on human culture.
- English Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Education and Training: Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- History and Archeology: Knowledge of historical events and their causes, indicators, and effects on civilizations and cultures.
- Computers and Electronics: Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Psychology: Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.