Program Coordinator: Randy Leighton, PT 816.604.4808
MCC Campus(es): MCC-Penn Valley, Health Science Institute
Application deadline: June 10th for the traditional program, October 1st for the web-based program
This occupation is projected to have long-term growth, or is being transformed by technology and innovation. More information can be found at Career One Stop.
Base salary and job outlook
- Median wages (national): $22.18 hourly, $46,140 annual
- Median wages (Missouri): $21.50 hourly; $44,700 annually
- Projected job growth (national - 2006-2016): much higher than average (21% increase), 27,000 additional employees
- Recent graduates (2008): made between $17 and $24/hour to start.
- Concern for others: Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Cooperation: Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Integrity: Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability: Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self control: Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Adaptability flexibility: Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Social orientation: Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Initiative: Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Stress tolerance: Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.