Psychologist's study mental processes and human behavior.
- They observe, interpret and record how people relate to one another and the environment.
- They look for patterns to understand and predict behavior.
- They often concentrate on individual behavior and the beliefs and feelings that influence
- As a psychologist, you can help increase understanding between individuals, groups,
organizations and cultures.
- We provide courses covering various topics, from developmental psychology to courses
on prejudice and death and dying.
- Our psychology program is built around the Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree.
- A master's or Ph.D. and a license are usually required for psychologists. This degree
gives you a solid two-year background in general education courses that can transfer
to a four-year institution.
Careers in psychology include clinical counseling, school psychologists and counselors
Bright-outlook for Psychologists in the Kansas City area
Visit Occupational Information Network (O*NET) to view salary information and employment outlook.
Transfer made simple
Whatever your transfer destination, we'll work to make sure your credits move easily.
That's why we're experts at it. We've worked out specific transfer agreements with many four-year colleges and universities.
While MCC does not offer a degree in this field, these freshman- and sophomore-level
courses easily transfer to a four-year college or university. Depending on your chosen major, these courses
may apply toward your degree or as elective credits.
Check with your transfer school and your MCC academic advisor for the most accurate and timely transfer information.