An education in speech and drama not only includes some of the most exciting courses
at a college campus but also opens up an amazing number of career doors.
- You can select from courses in debate, communication, acting, theater, film and more.
- MCC-Blue River and MCC-Longview campuses have strong theater departments that will
let you put your talent in lights.
- Our speech and drama program is built around the Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree.
This degree gives you a solid background in general education courses that can transfer
to a four-year institution.
- Small day and evening classes with dedicated industry experienced instructors for
Graduates can work in carers such as:
- film acting
- television acting
- stage acting
- therapeutic fields
- voice acting
- speech language pathology
Bright-outlook for Speech-Language Pathologists in the Kansas City area
Visit Occupational Information Network (O*NET) to view salary information, employment outlook and personal characteristics needed
for speech and theater careers.
Transfer made simple
Whatever your transfer destination, we'll work to make sure your credits move easily.
That's why we're experts at it. We've worked out specific transfer agreements with many four-year colleges and universities.
While MCC does not offer a degree in this field, these freshman- and sophomore-level
courses easily transfer to a four-year college or university. Depending on your chosen major, these courses
may apply toward your degree or as elective credits.
Check with your transfer school and your MCC academic advisor for the most accurate and timely transfer information.