Application deadline: April 1st
Follow these directions to start your career path:
2. Send Official College and University Transcripts to the Metropolitan Community College Data Center
3. Prior to applying to the Veterinary Technology Program, please complete the following
- Complete the following prerequisite courses before applying:
BIOL 106 General Zoology (or BIOL 101 General Biology)
ENGL 101 Composition and Reading I
CHEM 105 Introductory Chemistry (or CHEM 111 General College Chemistry I)
- It is recommended that you complete or be enrolled in the following general education
courses as you are applying:
ENGL 102 Composition and Reading II
BIOL 208 Microbiology
COMM 100 Fundamentals of Speech (or COMM 103 Interpersonal Communications)
History or Political Science Course (choose from the following MCC courses HIST 120, HIST 121, POLS 135, POLS 136, POLS 137)
- Complete (7) hours of observation of a registered veterinary technician in a veterinary hospital (or be employed in a veterinary hospital). You will be asked for a contact person from your observation experience or veterinary hospital employment to complete an evaluation when you apply to the program.
- Create your resume including your work experience, high school that you attended, colleges/universities that you attended, awards and honors that you have received, and animal experience that you have. You will submit your resume when you apply to the program.
- Create a typed 200 to 300 word essay describing how attending the MCC Maple Woods Veterinary Technology Program will help you achieve your career goals. You will submit your essay when you apply to the program.
4. Apply to the Veterinary Technology Program (Once you have completed steps 1-3 above, then you are ready to apply to the program.)
- You can apply to the program by using the following application:
Applications are due April 1st each year. The top sixty (60) applicants will be invited to interview with the selection committee before the end of April. Interviews will be performed in May.