Veterinary Technology Department, 816.604.3235
Application deadline: April 1st
Turn your love of animals into a rewarding career!
Veterinary Nurses / Technicians are kind-hearted professionals committed to animal health care. As part of a team, they are entrusted with animal nursing care, lab diagnostics, anesthesia, surgical assistance, dentistry, radiology, and more. If you want a career with meaning where you can make a positive impact on the lives of animals and the people who love them, then being a Veterinary Nurse / Technician may be what you are looking for.
Our program prepares you to perform the nursing and technical duties used in clinical practice and research on small, large and laboratory animals. Housed in a state-of-the-art facility, our outstanding program has many advantages:
- Full accreditation by the AVMA since 1975
- Hands-on involvement with 12 different animal species. Working with live animals makes the learning experience fun and effective.
- (Dogs, Cats, Horses, Cattle, Pigs, Sheep, Goats, Mice, Rats, Guinea Pigs, Rabbits, and Chickens)
- Instructors with real-world experience
- Classes four days a week encourages employment at a veterinary facility. Earning while you are learning helps keep your student debt low, improves your knowledge retention, and improves your hands-on skills.
- High pass rate on the National Board Exam.
- Affordable tuition and A+ funds accepted.
We'll give you every advantage to become a highly skilled Veterinary Nurse / Technician. Earn your degree and be on your way to a great career!
Accreditation: American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
Veterinary Nurse / Technician Pathway – AAS Veterinary Technology